A lot of businesses and startups don’t know how great WordPress is or why they should use WordPress for their business, so today we are going to tell you why your website should be built on WordPress.
First, What is WordPress?
WordPress is an excellent website platform. From blogging to e-commerce to business and portfolio websites, WordPress is a versatile customer management system (CMS). Designed with usability and flexibility in mind, it’s a great solution for both large and small websites. WordPress powers nearly one-third of the world’s websites, from small personal blogs to the complex sites of major corporations. WordPress is only one of the site builders and content management systems users can download and install for free, but it has unique features that make it the most popular content management system in use today.
The best part about WordPress is that it’s easy to use and flexible enough to create different types of websites, which is the main reason why WordPress has grown so much in popularity. According to a recent survey, WordPress powers 32.3% of all websites on the internet.
Let’s Take a Look at Why You Should Use WordPress to Build Your Website…
Aside from the fact that WordPress is free, WordPress is awesome. It’s easy to use, incredibly powerful, and you can do just about anything with it.
It’s free, and that’s awesome.
You are free to download, install, use, and modify WordPress to match your needs. You can use it to create any kind of website. Sure, you will need a domain name (the address of your website on the internet) and web hosting to install it, but they also offer WPBeginner users a 60% discount on hosting and a free domain name. So basically, you can get started for $2.75 per month.
It’s user friendly, even for beginners.
Yes, even for your Great Aunt Helen who still uses a flip phone. A WordPress site can be installed and up and running in a matter of minutes, even without any technical expertise. It’s true. All a user needs are that domain name and a web hosting account. WordPress can be installed free through your WordPress hosting provider or uploaded directly from WordPress.org. From there, an intuitive and easy-to-manage admin dashboard has all the features needed to customize a site’s heading and layout and to start creating pages and posts right away.
It’s flexible and adaptable for changing needs.
Although WordPress was originally designed to support blogging and related types of online publishing, it also powers a wide range of sites with other purposes. It’s used to run complex sites for large multinational corporations, manage small businesses, and create personal blogs.
It’s easy to manage.
WordPress comes with a built-in updates management system. This allows you to update your plugins and themes from within your WordPress admin dashboard. It also notifies you when there is a new version of WordPress available so you can update your site by simply clicking a button, protects your data from accidents or hacking, and offers a plugin to automatically create backups and store them safely in a remote location. How’s that for user-friendly meshed with easy-to-manage for ya?
Its sites rank high.
And guys, isn’t that the main goal? WordPress sites tend to rank high for their keywords, largely because they’re constantly being updated and because WordPress includes a variety of tools and plugins for optimizing content for SEO (search engine optimization).
See, it’s easy to see why WordPress is used by over 30% of CMS-based websites worldwide, huh? And the variety of websites that can be built with WordPress is also jaw-dropping.
What Types of Websites Can WordPress Build?
- Blog: a special type of website devoted to sharing thoughts, photos, reviews, tutorials, recipes and so much more.
- E-commerce website: allows you to sell goods or services online and collect payment via an online payment system. You can download and install a WordPress e-commerce plugin to extend the default functionality of WordPress so you can have an online store on your website.
- Business website: an online presence for a business. If your business needs a website for customers to learn about your company and what you have to offer (99.9% do), WordPress is an excellent option. Customers can contact you, ask for a quote, schedule an appointment and much more.
- Membership website: allows you to put content behind a paywall or an account login. To access pages or posts, users must login or pay for the content.
- Portfolio website: show off your artwork, design skills, and more with a portfolio website built on WordPress.
- Forum website: a helpful place for users to ask questions or share advice.
- Event website: made easy for you to share your event details and sell tickets.
- E-learning website: students can take online courses, track their progress, download resources, and much more from an e-learning website.
- Wedding website: share the details of your big day with a wedding website built on WordPress. With an array of WordPress wedding themes, you can get a website up quickly and easily.
Your WordPress Website Will Rank Higher with Charley Grey
If you are considering a hosting provider that offers WordPress hosting, you should consider giving us a call. The experts at Charley Grey will design, build, and manage your website that will not only be stunning but can be easily found on the web. We pride ourselves on building websites that convert online users into paying customers – all for one crazy-low monthly fee.